Ingredients, serves 2
- 100g cooked prawns
- 1 onion sliced
- Handful frozen peas
- 1 carrot diced
- 1/2 chilli finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 150g cooked white rice
- Soy sauce, salt & pepper to season
- Heat a dash of vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan and frythe onion, garlic, chilli, carrot and green beans for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the prawns and handful frozen peas and fry for a further 2-3 mins then move the mixture to the side and add a dash of sesame oil.
- Add two eggs and scramble them in pan. Allow to set and then stir in with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add the cooked rice, soy sauce and season.
So quick and easy - next time you have the urge to call the Chinese takeaway, put the phone down. This is egg fried rice at a fraction of the cost and time!