Chipotle Steak Fajitas & Guacamole
Marinade (enough for 3-4 people)
- 1/2 an onion cut into large pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- small handful fresh coriander
- 1 chipotle chilli re-hydrated in warm water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados (riper the better!)
- half a red onion, finely diced
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt and pepper to season
- 3 ripe cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Using a food processor, pulse the onion and garlic until well chopped.
- Add the coriander, chipotle and a splash of its liquid, the sugar, oil and cumin. Pulse until combined. The mixture should resemble a thick paste. Season to taste with salt.
- Pour the marinade over the sliced steak and put in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Whilst the meat is marinading, make your guacamole. Slice chunks of avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add finely diced red onion, lime juice and salt and pepper to season. You can stop there but I like to add a couple of ripe cherry tomatoes and some fresh coriander for texture.
- Heat a griddle pan until really hot and throw in the steak and most of the marinade. Griddle for a couple of minutes (this is all it takes as you don't want the steak to be tough) and throw in some sliced peppers and mushrooms. After a couple more minutes, turn the heat off.
- Serve with tortillas, lettuce and soured cream. For luxury, why not add jalapenos, grated cheese and limes for squeezing?
|Yes.. its a smoothie maker, I know I know.. I've lost the lid to my food processor!|
Served a'la Jamie Oliver style..The flavour of the chipotle is really intensive and works perfectly with the guacamole as it cuts through the smokiness. 10/10 from me!
And a final note. One small cat, on hand to keep an eye on the smoothie maker box. We wouldn't want it wandering off.