- Olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Large pinch thyme
- Large pinch rosemary
- Grated zest 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 125g arborio rice
- 1.1 litres vegetable stock
- 225g frozen and thawed spinach
- 4 tsbp pesto
- Freshly shaven parmesan and salt & pepper to serve
- Heat half the oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic, herbs, lemon and spice then fry gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil and rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 20 mins or until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the spinach and pesto. Cook for 2 minutes then season to taste.
- Pour into warmed bowls and serve drizzled with olive oil and topped with parmesan shavings. OR, pour into tupperwares and cool before refrigerating. Perfect for office lunches.
The finished thing.