With so few ingredients, you'll probably find you have everything you need too!
Cornish Farings - little mouthfuls of loveliness!
Ingredients - makes 24 biscuits
- 100g (4oz) plain flour
- 1/4 level tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 level tsp ground mixed spice
- 1/2 level tsp bicarb soda
- 50g (2oz) softened butter
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- 75g (3oz) golden syrup (I used Co-op Fairtrade Chilean Honey instead)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/Fan 160c/ Gas 4. Lightly grease 2 baking trays.
- Measure the flour, spices and bicarb into a bowl. Rub the butter and flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then mix in the sugar.
- Gently heat the golden syrup and stir into the mixture to make a soft dough. Roll the dough into 24 balls roughly the size of a cherry and place onto the baking trays, allowing room for them to spread.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 10 mins, then take the baking trays out of the oven and carefully hit on a solid surface to make the biscuits crack and spread. Bake for a further 5 mins until they are a good even brown. Lift off the baking trays and leave to cool on a wire rack.
I'll definitely be making these again, delish!
Over and Out!