So, here we go - spicy corned beef hash. This recipe came from an ex-boyfriend and although he's long gone, its remained in my head and every now and again when I need a bit of something comforting, I make it.
|Don't you hate it when this happens?|
|Gouging my way through the tin!|
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 1 tin of corned beef (stored in the fridge for an hour)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 chilli, finely diced/or a dash of chilli sauce (or both if you like it extra hot!)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Piece of ginger approx 1 inch cubed, finely diced
- 4-5 medium sized potatoes
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes and cook until they drop off a knife. Switch heat off.
- Fry the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger for about 10 mins on a high heat until softened. If using chilli sauce, add a dash at this stage. I use Wiga Wagaa Cooking Sauce - it packs a punch so you don't need much!
- Cube the corned beef and add to the onion mix. Fry for around 5 minutes, breaking up the corned beef with a wooden spoon.
- Drain and mash the potato. You don't need to add anything to it,
- Once the corned beef has softened down, add the mashed potato and stir everything up until its well mixed.
- Serve with a crack of black pepper, it shouldn't need any salt.
|The chilli mans face says it all!|
The finished thing! Remember, it tastes better than it looks (much better!)..