- 500g ripe berries - I used a mix of blackberries and strawberries but any would work.
- 150g caster sugar - more or less depending on how sweet your tooth is!
- 500g half fat crème fraîche
- Pulse the berries and sugar in a food processor until you have a pulpy rough texture, you still want a few lumps in there.
- Mix the berry mixture with the crème fraîche and pour it all into a large freezer proof dish.
- Stick it in the freezer for 2 hours and then take it out and stir it up - you want to break down the crystals to create the ice cream texture.
- Repeat this twice more and then put the ice cream into a tupperware or something with a lid and then freeze until firm.
- Take it out the freezer around 15 mins before serving so that its easy to scoop out.
All that's left to do is find a sunny spot, a good book and enjoy! You never know how short this summer could be!