This is the simplest and quickest soup to make in the world. Its not going to set your tastebuds on fire but it'll do nicely for office lunches and whats better, it won't break the bank. In fact, it'll do the opposite as its cheap as chips and freezes well too so why not make a big batch?
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 750ml veg stock
- 2 small carrots, peeled & diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- Salt & pepper to season
- Fresh thyme/ basil, whatever herbs you prefer
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Gently sautee the onion, garlic and carrots in olive oil until soft and translucent. Add the fresh thyme and stir fir a couple of seconds.
- Add the tomato puree and stir through before adding the tinned toms.
- Simmer for 15 - 20 mins until the liquid has reduced slightly.
- Season to taste and sprinkle with fresh thyme/basil whatever you have!
- Blend until smooth and you're ready to go. Thats it! So simple!
I'm entering this into the February No Croutons Required - a blog link up hosted by the wonderful Tinned Tomatoes and Lisa's Kitchen blogs. Take a look for lots of vegetarian soup and salad inspiration and banish bad packet lunches from your day! Plus, if you fancy getting involved, you have until the 20th of the month to get your entry in!
Whats your favourite soup recipe? Do share!