This is an old favourite of mine and something I hadn't eaten for ages. Having scoffed it again recently and realising just how much I love it, I just had to recreate it at home. And now I'm sharing these gooey cheese porn pictures with you. Perfect timing as we head into the cold and dark nights and Christmas approaches.
Eat between two/three as a starter or more for nibbles.
- 1 whole Camembert
- Two sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove sliced into wafer thin slithers
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil
To serve: A dark rich chutney - I went for the rather delightful Garlic Farm Onion Marmalade (available to buy here). A tomato, plum or dark fruit chutney would work too as the sharpness cuts through the creaminess of the Camembert.
- Take the cheese out of its box and remove the greaseproof paper.
- Put the cheese back into the base of the box
- Make small cuts across the top of the cheese with a sharp knife and push the slithers of garlic in. Then drizzle the olive oil (sparingly) and sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake in the oven around 180c for about 10 mins
- Serve and gobble up quick whilst its hot and gooey!
I served this one with crusty bread studded with black olives, celery and carrot sticks. Toasted garlic bread would also work really well. Ooh just looking at it is making me want to run to the shops and buy more Camembert!
What's your favourite cheese to share?