Capsicana is all about latin flavours and they produce a range of chillis and sauces. This particular cook sauce is based on Aji Verde (a popular Peruvian sauce) and uses Aji Amarilli peppers. The pack recommends chicken, fish, pork or vegetables so its really versatile. I actually used turkey breast and it worked just as well. If I can make one criticism, the sauce was a little sweet but that is most likely down to my savoury palette rather than the quality of the product.
- 300g fresh chicken strips
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large pepper cut into strips
- 1 small white onion
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat and add pepper strips cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and cook for a further 2 minutes, set aside.
- Add chicken strips to the pan, cook for 8 minutes turning occasionally. Check chicken is cooked through.
- Return the peppers and onions, add sauce, stir through over the heat.
- Serve immediately with warm tortilla, with nachos and melted cheese or with rice.
*Capsicana sent me these products to review but of course, as always, blah blah, my opinions are all my own*
Find them at www.capsicana.com and on twitter and facebook.