Anyway, all of this makes me need a holiday. Greece would be nice. I've never been to any of the Greek Islands, despite always liking the look of them. I've travelled Europe a lot and been to lots of the typical holiday destinations around Greece but for some reason, as yet, I've not made it there. Kind of good timing then, that luxury travel company Destinology got in touch asking me to create a dish that captures Greece. And that, hopefully, is what I've done.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1/2 jar of Greek roasted red pepper & tomato sauce.
- 1 200g block of feta.
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red chilli, finely diced & added to the sauce (I forgot to photograph it!)
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 big olives sliced into thirds - black kalamata would be more authentic, I used green olives as I prefer them.
- Aged balsamic vinegar - thicker the better.
- Salt & coarsely ground black pepper
- A big green salad with red pepper and cucumber dressed with balsamic and olive oil.
- Warm crusty bread of your choice - I used two black olive baps.
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 6 / 400 degrees.
- Pour the sauce into an oven proof dish and place the feta on top.
- Top the feta with the onion and chilli and sprinkle the olives around the dish, pushing some into the sauce.
- Season with a little salt and lots of black pepper.
- Sprinkle with the mint and oregano.
- Oven bake for about 20 minutes.
*This is a sponsored post. Destinology paid for the ingredients in this dish.