Looking at this smoothie, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was some sort of detox or health drink. It's not! For fun, I posted the below picture on instagram and asked people to guess what the secret ingredient was. Suggestions mainly veered towards the healthy end of the spectrum with several people saying 'chia seeds'. One person came close with peanut butter. They get half a point.
The secret ingredient is actually... a .... MAXIBON ICE CREAM BAR! Yes. That's right.So you see, this is not a detox smoothie, it's not even vaguely healthy (despite the bananas). It is however, totally and utterly delicious! Give it a try!
Ingredients (makes enough for 4 small glasses)
- 2 frozen or fresh bananas
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 200ml milk
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 1 maxibon or similar ice cream cake bar (yes really!)
- Peel and chop the bananas into chunks
- Throw everything into the blender
- Blend for 30 seconds until consistency is smooth.
- That's it - drink & enjoy!
If you don't drink it all, this smoothie will keep in the fridge for 1-2 days. It might settle so give it a shake before you drink again.