Check out this ever growing list of restaurants I've eaten at in and around the Midlands. I'm always open to suggestions so if you eat at any of the below, let me know what you think. I'd also love to hear your recommendations, I'm always looking for the next gem.
Birmingham & the West Midlands
- Purnell's, Birmingham - Michelin Star food at Glynn Purnell's restaurant.
- Purnell's Bistro, Birmingham - Delicious food and cocktails at this bistro cocktail bar.
- Brum Yum Yum, Kings Heath, Birmingham - Technically a street food market not a restaurant. Fantastic food from different vendors! Every second Saturday of the month.
- Cielo, Birmingham - Not blown away but this is a nice Italian in Brindley Place.
- Fiesta del Asado, Birmingham Part of Lasan Group, Fiesta is the Argentine restaurant taking Brum by storm!
- Edmunds Fine Dining, Birmingham An intimate restaurant serving excellent modern French cuisine.
- Raja Monkey - Indian street food from the people behind Lasan.
- Nosh & Quaff - Lobster and beer house in central Brum - Aktar Islam's latest venture.
- The Bluebell, Henley in Arden - Just a wonderfully decadent old pub with AA Rosette food to boot.
Derbyshire & Staffs
- Hilton at St Georges Park, nr Burton on Trent- England's Football training centre, this Hilton also has a great onsite restaurant.
- Seven, Derby- Contemporary restaurant recently opened near to Pride Park in Derby.
- The Bull's Head, Repton- Fab village gastropub with a wood fired pizza oven.
- The Butchers Bar & Steakhouse - Long Eaton urban cool steakhouse.
- Beefeater at The Observatory - The all new and improved Beefeater on the Meridian park.s -
- Bill's - Greengrocer style chain opened in Leicester's Highcross
- Byron - Achingly cool burger joint.
- Chutney Ivy - Michelin recommended Indian in the heart of the cultural quarter.
- Crafty Burger - Hands down the best burgers in Leicester.
- Efes Mangal - Highly ranked on Trip Advisor, this is a family run Turkish restaurant.
- Fratelli - A family run Italian restaurant on the trendy Braunstone Gate. *NOW CLOSED*
- Kayal - Amazing Keralan cuisine, seafood is their specialty.
- Meatcure - More great burgers in the city centre.
- Shimla Pinks - Great curry on London Road.
- San Carlo - Italian restaurant on Granby Street, family owned with Chef Patron Aldo Zilli.
- The Smokehouse - Quirky restaurant with pulled pork & BBQ food. *NOW CLOSED*
- Thyme - Mediterranean food in the middle of Spinney Hill Park.
- Boboli, Kibworth Beauchamp -Family run Italian restaurant & pizzeria just outside Leicester.
- Gino's Pear Tree, Woodhouse Eaves - Another family run Italian & pizzeria, nr Loughborough.
- Hammer & Pincers, Wymeswold Fine dining in this nice village on the way to Nottingham.
- Pillings Lock, Barrow upon Soar - Down a beaten track at a marina between Quorn & Barrow.
- Spice Cube, Mountsorrel - My favourite Indian in the area. This review focuses on takeaway.
- Spice Cube, Mountsorrel - As above but eating in.
- Slate, Mountsorrel - In my home village, a family run restaurant serving local produce. *NOW CLOSED*
- The Bradgate, Newtown Linford - Old peoples carvery turned great value gastropub.
- The Grey Lady, Newtown Linford - A hidden gem, great quality food in a picturesque location.
- The Grey Lady, Newtown Linford (Sunday Lunch) - Another review, this time on Sunday.
- The Grey Lady Kitchen and Deli Just a lovely deli come restaurant in Newtown Winford.
- The Greyhound - Tired boozer turned something special in Botcheston.
- The Pug & Greyhound - Lovely village gastropub in Great Glen.
- The Swan Inn, Mountsorrel - Great pub grub in the heart of the village.
- The Manor House at Quorn - Gastropub between Quorn & Woodhouse Eaves,
- The Time & Plaice, Rothley - A proper village centre, old fashioned chippy.
- The Bluebell Inn, Rothley - Gorgeous gastropub in an idyllic village setting.
- The Star Inn - 1744 Restaurant, Thrussington - Fantastic food in a lovely village location.
- The Woodhouse - Woodhouse Eaves - Sadly closed now but was run by chef Paul Leary. *NOW CLOSED*
- Brown's Lane - A well established restaurant serving British and International cuisine.
- Cactus Cafe - Cheap and cheerful Mexican joint in the centre of town.
- Fernandos - Nandos with a 'Fer'. Cheap and cheerful and perfect for midweek treats.
- Goodliffes - Cute bar / bistro in Loughborough town centre.
- Meet Burger - Quirky burger joint.
- Moomba - Aussie fun at great prices just outside the centre of town, perfect for big groups. *NOW CLOSED*
- Peter and thats Enough - A quirky pizza place with true Italian authenticity.
- Salim's - Local licensed Indian restaurant - on Leicester Road in the centre of town.
- The Red Veil - A great curry house on the edge of Loughborough.
- The Paget - Look beyond the student area and pub exterior for amazing burgers!
- The White Hart - this was my local pub and a glorious one too!
- Valentinos - A small family run Mediterranean restaurant in Loughborough. *NOW CLOSED*
- Ascough's Bistro - A family run bistro in the heart of Market Harborough.
- The Oat Hill - A pub which is stylish, modern yet retro and just all round cool.
- Annies Burger Shack - In their old location, cheap, amazing quality burgers.
- Edin's Kitchen - City centre family run bistro.
- Kabul Express -Afghani food in Hyson Green.
- Miss Korea - Korean BBQ in the centre of town.
- Sat Bains - Totally indulgent and really fantastic 2 Michelin starred restaurant nr Nottingham.
- Sarangchae - Traditional Korean food in a casual setting.
- Zaap - Amazing Thai Streetfood in a bright fun environment.
For more ideas on where to eat around the Midlands, check out my Pinterest board: