As you know, I'm a fan of all things local and I do blog for the Midlands Co-op but my opinions are my own and I truly rate these products. Unlike the 'budget' lines at some other supermarkets, the Simply Value range includes free range eggs, nothing is animal tested and none of the products have any artificial colourings or hydrogenated fats in them. Good stuff!
Ingredients, serves 2-3:
- Olive oil
- Simply Value tinned tomatoes
- Simply Value salted butter
- Simply Value cheddar cheese
- Co - op 'Chop Chop' Casserole pack
- 5-6 sausages (I use thick, herby pork sausages)
- 250ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provance
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/ 160C Fan. Brown the sausages over a medium heat in a large saucepan with a mix of butter and oil (or one or the other if you prefer).
- Once the sausages are browned all over, add the casserole vegetables and a tsp herbs and season well. Cut any big potatoes in half and give it all a good stir then let it brown for a couple of mins.
- Add a tin of tomatoes and 250ml vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer then turn the heat down and cook for 15 minutes so that the liquid reduces and the potatoes are cooked through.
- Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish and cook in the oven for a further 20 mins (this is so that the sausages and potatoes cook through) before sprinkling with grated cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Turn the oven up or move to the grill for the last 10 minutes and once bubbling, its ready to serve.
Granted, this is not the prettiest food in the world but its filling and tastes great! Serve hot in a bowl and if you're feeling really greedy, add some crusty bread!