If you've not been following, at the start of the year I began my new blog link up, Weekend Brunch Club, to honour and celebrate this wonderful meal between breakfast and lunch. This is the third recipe in the series so far and you can see the previous two (plus details on how to join in) here.
Roasted Greens & Goats Cheese On Toast
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 50g peas
- 150g brussel sprouts
- 1 small broccoli
- 4 slices of bread (I used a black olive studded sourdough)
- Half a lemon
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1-2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Fresh dill
- Fresh mint
- Sea salt & pepper
- Olive oil for roasting
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 75g - 100g soft goats cheese broken down into small chunks.
Roasting the vegetables:
- Preheat your oven to 220c / gas mark 7.
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and remove the bottom stalk and outer leaves from the brussel sprouts. Cut a deep slit into the base of the brussels or, if they are big, cut them in half.
- Spread the vegetables onto a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, shaking the tray a couple of times.
- Mix 3 tbsp of sour cream with 1tsp of wholegrain mustard. Season and check for taste, adding the second tsp of mustard if you think it needs it.
- Spread toasted bread with a large helping of the mustard cream and add a few chunks of goats cheese to each.
- Top with thin slices of cucumber (i used a vegetable peeler) and the roasted brussels and broccoli.
- Microwave the peas and drain.
- Add the peas, plenty of fresh mint and dill before throwing on the rest of the goats cheese.
- Drizzle any extra mustard cream and season.
**Optional extra: top with a poached egg for a bit of luxury!
Join the Weekend Brunch Club linky
Want more brunch recipe inspiration? Take a look at last month's weekend brunch club here.
Food Bloggers - add your brunch recipes to the linky below now! Simply add the badge to your blog post and link back to Weekend Brunch Club. Find the full instructions here and remember the deadline is 11pm on Sunday 26th March.